Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A.J. Somerset's Toronto launch for Metcalf-Rooke winner Combat Camera tonight

Hey Free Range Readers,

If you're in the Toronto area, I want to draw your attention to a very special literary event happening tonight in the west end. A.J. Somerset will have the Toronto launch for his Metcalf-Rooke Award-winning novel Combat Camera tonight, starting at 7:30 pm. The event takes place at The Garrison (1197 Dundas Street West) and will feature an interview with A.J. conducted by none other than fellow novelist and G&M columnist Russell Smith. The evening will also include an on-stage conversation between the two men behind the award, John Metcalf and Leon Rooke, moderated by critic James Grainger.

I've seen A.J. around a few time now at various literary events - he came to a reading of mine back in the spring - and I've been anxiously awaiting the launch of this book. By all accounts, Combat Camera is one helluva read and I'm looking forward to getting a copy. (I'm also looking forward to finally meeting John Metcalf in person, whom I've been exchanging some letters with regarding an essay I've got forthcoming in CNQ.)

Anyway, if you're in the area and can come out, you definitely should. It promises to be an enriching night of literature.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment