Friday, November 19, 2010

The fall issue of All Rights Reserved is online

So being stranded here in Toronto, I missed the launch party for the fall issue of All Rights Reserved in Halifax last night. But thankfully the new issue is now online, and it's great to see that my three lowly poems arrived safe and sound among its pages.

Also great to see a number of familiar names as I perused the poetry section this morning: Robin Richardson (whom I got to see read here in Toronto recently at an Insomniac Press poetry launch) has a lovely poem called "Time is a Slut"; the ever clever Darryl Whetter has a piece called "Over Under Over", which seems to build on the fossil-related imagery he had in a poem about Mary Anning published recently in The Fiddlehead; and of course, my good buddy J.J. Steinfeld has a beautiful little diddy in here called "Prowling." (And, by sheer coincidence, one of my poems is actually dedicated to J.J.) While I'm at it, I'd also want to draw your attention to Vassen Vassilev's cleverly titled poem "3001: a space iliad." Genius.

I do believe I'm supposed to receive the print version of All Rights Reserved through snail mail in the coming days or weeks, so I'll be able to give it a closer read then. If I spot anything else worth noting, I'll certainly let you know.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment