Saturday, March 26, 2011

Moving day

This blog is staying put, but I certainly am not. If you've found things quiet on FRR lately, it's because I'm in the midst of packing up my life to move at the end of next week to new digs with RR. It's been a MASSIVE chore. Writers always find moving especially taxing - all those books, all those papers that make up the "archive." (Myself, I have whole novels I wrote dating back to my mid teens that I just don't have the heart to throw out. I also have a personal library of about 1,100 books.)

But fear not - I will be back. There's some news brewing on the publication front that I'll get into later. I'm also a little behind on my reviewing. I recently finished Michael Lista's poetry book Bloom and liked it a great deal, but I may not get to review it until well after the move, if at all.

Anyway, wish me luck. If you have any encouraging words as to how to deal with the relentless daily stress of packing up one's belongings, please pass them along.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment